Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Of apples and things

Sunday the Physics club went apple picking. That was fun times. I got to climb a tree, eat apples (pick them too), ride a tractor and race my friend across very muddy ground. He won. We picked 76 pounds of apples. So many apples. I took about 7lbs home with me. Tasty tasty.
Afterward we had our first boat building meeting. Since homecoming is approaching fast we decided to get started building the boat right away. Monday was our first building day. We decided on a design very similar to last year's, a V-bottom boat. We are just going to modify a few things to make it more stable and less likely to get soggy. Next building day is Wednesday, tomorrow. Whooo!

And now for something completely different. Recently the Deadlands campaign I was in ended. The GM and some of the players (me for one) were getting a little tired of it. Our GM is going to try a ninja thing with the Savage Worlds system next. For now, until that starts we are playing Call of Cthulhu. We have got one session in so far and that was pretty fun. I think I'm going to have to see if I can run a one shot for the Gamers club at Augie. I can see much sanity loss in the future. hehe
But back to the ninja thing. I created my ninja character and I think its going to be much fun to play. All my attacks and defense powers are going to be randomized since I have a "Bag of Tricks" type thing. And my character believes that all trees are secretly plotting against her. So much fun, more updates on that when it starts.

Next order of random. The first weekend of October I will be attending the game convention, Flatcon in Bloomington. I went last year and had alot of fun, so I decided to go back this year. Whoo, more games! I've been trying to get up some intrest in it at the Gamers club, but so far I don't think anyone there is that interested in going. So sad. Once it is done and I am back there shall be a full report.

2 comments:

Augie Physics said...

Evidence that trees are indeed plotting against you:
http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1436480&l=2617d&id=595946056
:D

Unknown said...

I need help to solve a rotational equilibrium proble. Can you help?

Thanx