Tuesday, September 09, 2008

An update after two long weekends

Finally updating my poor mistreated blog. Recently I have been to two family get together type events. One was a 50th wedding anniversary, the other a wedding reception. The first was on my dad's side of the family. The Orwitz side of the family trekked up to Rockford for Aunt Eunice and Uncle Vince (Bink)'s 50th anniversary. I had never realized till then just how big that side of my family is. Not only is my grandma one of 6, but many of them have 6 or 7 children. There are 7 McGuirers (Bink and Eunice's children) and all of them are tall and brawny. This is the smallest I've felt in a long time. But that was a great weekend. Full of lots of food, family, euker playing (I can't spell it, that one card game), and lots of beer drinking for those of age. We also all invaded this local hotel. I'm not sure they were ready for the 30+ of us that stayed there.

The second event was this past weekend. My cousin Mike got married in New York the previous weekend (the one where I went to Rockford). Since this is my mom's side of the family, not every one could make it to New York since the family is all in the Chicagoland area. So a second reception was held in my Uncles' bar and resterant. That was fun. Only one day instead of whole weekend. More good food, family and dancing. I took Blake to this one. He had fun and my family was glad to see him again.

Since it was a one day thing, that ment I got to spend the rest of the weekend with Blake which was fun. Friday night we made fun of the freshmen who came to Phil's (Blake's roommate) party. And yet again I got into a drunken discussion about the double slit expriment and the nature of reality with Blake's old roommate. I have no idea why I get into physics discussions while drunk, but it has happened at least twice now that I remember. The next night we had a movie night with Blake's roommates and watched "No Country for old men". That was the stupidest movie I've seen since watching "Dragon Wars". I will tell you not to waste your money on renting it. It has no endding and you can't tell what is going for the entirety of the movie. The rest of the weekend whent well and I had lots of fun.

Hopefully I'll update my neglected blog again with in the next month.

1 comment:

Augie Physics said...

Yay - the den is occupied again!

Of course you keep getting into discussions about the 2-slit experiment - it's the greatest experiment of all time! Does this guy know what he is talking about?